University of Wisconsin -Madison Student Resources
1). McBurney Disability Resource Center
- Check out the McBurney website for events, applications for accommodations and opportunities to be involved with UW Madison’s student center for disabilities.
- McBurney Mental Health Resources
2). University Health Services
- Medical services and student health concerns (the have a wide variety of illness and ailments that they cover!) Any student at UW can use the UHS services and you don’t need to notify parents of the care you receive there. Prices for immunizations and medicine are available publicly and by request.
- Mental Health Resources
- Remote Health Resource Page
- UHS “Let’s Talk”
- Let’s Talk provides no-cost, informal, confidential consultations around campus.
- Common concerns: stress, sadness, worry, relationships, academic performance, family problems, financial struggles
- “Thrive Workshops” by UHS
- Workshops on Tuesdays 5:30-7:00 pm via WebEx
- Topics about student self-care, mental health, success in college
- Violence Prevention
- Survivor Services
3). Campus Gender & Sexuality Center
- Campus Restroom Map
- Crossroads Initiative
- Crossroads Initiative is a uniquely Wisconsin approach to addressing the intersectional realities of student’s lives. This initiative bridges the work of the Gender and Sexuality Campus Center and the Multicultural Student Center. to address the needs of students living at the intersections of race, sexuality, gender, and other layers of identity.
- TGQ. (Trans and Genderqueer)
- It is our mission to lift up and center trans, nonbinary, and gender-nonconforming voices across programming and policy efforts. We’re glad you’re here.
4). Multicultural Student Center
5). International Student Services
6). DoIt Information Technology Assistance
- Get full Help Desk assistance with computing issues ranging from email to software to hardware issues
- Get immediate help to reset your password
- Find answers to common computing questions easily online
- Get free computer virus evaluation, detection and removal
- Get hardware troubleshooting and repair
- Phone, email and chat support available seven days a week
- Online self-help at the Help Desk KnowledgeBase is available 24/7
- Free diagnosis for computer problems, with recommendations for repair if needed
- Full installation, repair and data recovery services
- Authorized Apple and Dell warranty provider
7). Covid-19 Dashboard